About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wet Run

After being wishy-washy about running this morning I went out and did it anyway. I gotta get over the fact that it is raining and just do it. The rain wasn't so bad so the run wasn't so bad. I shorted myself about a 1/3 of a mile though. I didn't map out my route very well, OR I forgot what I mapped out and ran whatever was going thru my mind. Oh well. If I had to choose to run or ride in the rain I would definitely choose to run. That way I'm only messing up my clothes and not my clothes AND my bike. Every wet ride requires a bike bath on top of me cleaning up. Who wants to do that?

As I was looking back at my running log for this past year I counted how many days per month I ran between from April thru August. I averaged about 5 - 6 days a month. That's half of what I really should be doing - which is kind of crazy because I was supposedly training to do the Blue Lake Du and then kind of training for the All Women's event. Very interesting. I think if I actually run as much as I should be I would do MUCH better. Wouldn't that be something?

So I'm going to make an effort to run at least 3 times a week and kind of follow the training plan that I got from runnersworld.com. I just might improve a little...just maybe.

Looking forward to duathlons in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment