About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If she can do it...

I think I can too.

So, met Kristen at the gym and did a few laps this morning. I did a total of 8 laps, mostly freestyle, with some breaststroke because I have this knack of swallowing water which makes me want to stop. I am hoping to get over that at some point. I'm pretty sure that if I didn't have Kristen to rely on for a morning swim, I would have happily stayed in bed because I did not get a good night's rest as I had hoped. Anyway, Kristen was swimming away and I was plugging along taking rests in between each length - have I mentioned that swimming is hard? Overall today wasn't so bad.

Around 6:10 I decide it's time to get out and get showered/rinsed and dressed and meet Mr. Tom and go to coffee. All was well and I was in and out of the shower lickety split. I had a little trouble with getting my sports bra on - I was still a little wet. If you have ever tried to pull one of these things over wet hair and still wet back...don't. It's not pretty. I am half dressed and another woman comes in after her shower and we started to chat a little. Mostly because I had put on my All Women's T-shirt and that peaked her interested. Enough that she declared that she would be doing her first tri this coming weekend! This very nice woman, I would guess, in her early to mid fifties and a little on the plump side. She is going to do her FIRST TRI! Well, if that just doesn't give me a little encouragement! With encouragement from her daughter she trained and trained her little heart out and will be out on the course on Saturday in Seattle. She was very excited...which made me excited for her upcoming challenge. This is what I needed to remind myself what I'm working for.

Yeah, I know I can do a tri at....Blue Lake 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment