About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Time to start...

Planning for next year's events! And training too...So much fun!!!

Yesterday was my second novice tri and my goal was to have a better swim time and I beat my June swim time by just over 4 minutes! I think that's pretty cool considering I haven't been that diligent about swimming since Blue Lake, but I at least was able to get into open water a few times since then.

There were fewer people in the Novice group, which was nice, but also a little annoying as they were novices (like I'm not) and it showed! I know that there were a couple of gals behind me that were freaking out in the water, so my goal was to get away from them! Another thing about this swim was that I actually hung with the group for a lot longer than at Blue Lake and I really didn't like that so much. I REALLY need to join the swim group that meets at Klineline, that certainly wouldn't hurt. I think I just need to get over myself and just do it!

So, 17 minutes after we started I'm out of the water and making my way to transition - after looking at my watch I'm pretty convinced that I did better this time around :)

Transition #1 was more than 7 minutes, stupid wet suit. It took me a while to peel that thing off! I'm going to have to work on that.

The bike course is exactly the same as the Blue Lake and All Womens event...same with the run course. So really nothing to report there other than I was consistent with my times in each one. I kind of took it easy on the bike, but that would not have mattered because the run was soooo bad!

What a blast! I love the challenge of doing something new and different. My future goal is to do multisport events well.

What events will I do next year? Probably Blue Lake and possibly StumpTown...I think I need to throw one more in the mix for the fun of it! Time to start planning and training!

Next up, Run Like Hell - Portland on October 23...zombies baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment