About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, October 12, 2012

Still Runnin'


I haven't been here for a while...have been a little busy since we were on vacation and I have no idea how or why.

My running has been pretty consistent since vacation though. I have had to change up the time I go out now...it has been very dark in the mornings for the last month. Fortunately, working where I do allows me to be a little flexible with my start time.

So I am 3 runs away from doing the Run Like Hell 10k. I have not done a 6 mile run yet and hope that tomorrow will be the day. I skipped out on my long run last Saturday because I was feeling a little sickly, not running seemed like a good decision. I'm 99% sure that I'll be able to run that distance without too much of a problem. We'll see how it goes tomorrow when we go and run the 6 mile route that I have mapped out. Should be fun - the route is mainly pieces of other routes that we have done in the past all mooshed together, so no surprises!

The only thing that might slow me down is that it will rain. I am not equipped for wet weather running - not yet anyway. I should be after all these years, but no so much. I guess it's because I spent a lot of time running on a treadmill during the rainy season...which is probably what I'll be going back to sooner than later.

I'm really not looking forward to treadmill running, but that will have to be my safe and dry option for the rainy months to come.

Until I actually go in that direction all I have left is 6 miles on Saturday and a Tuesday & Thursday run. Race day is the 21st!

Feeling Superhero-ish...

No comments:

Post a Comment