About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, September 17, 2012

Catching Up

runningahead.com
Back from vacation and back at it! Tom and I spent a few days in Bend/Sunriver last week and I was pretty smart and did my Monday run before we left town and then tried to do my run on Wednesday (4 miles), but could only really do 2 miles because of the cold, dry air and elevation. Asthma girl was not happy with the lack of oxygen :( I knew that there would be an elevation change, but since I only run here at home, I didn't know what to expect.

All was good and Saturday got out and did my long run (5 miles) and Tom ran with me until he turned around at 1.5 miles while I continued on my route. I'm so proud of his progress! He actually ran the whole way and felt pretty good. He was so excited that he wanted to get a new battery for the hand-me-down watch that I gave him over a year ago so he could track his times and figure out his pace. He'll be ready for Run Like Hell - no problem!

Yeah, so I'm lovin' my run charts...it shows consistency and I'm a visual person, so every time I see my chart it just makes me want to get out and keep up with my running!

Looking forward to the start of Fall - probably my most favorite time to run. I love running when the air is cool and crisp - it's very refreshing. As much as I like running during the summer months, the heat can mess with the morning temperatures - I enjoy starting my runs with the temps in the 50s. Those are the days that I feel my best!

Two events are on my agenda for the next couple of months and then I think I'll go into "maintenance" mode until the beginning of the year. THEN I'll see if a 1/2 marathon will be a possibility for 2013.

Run - Baby - Run!



No comments:

Post a Comment