About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Motivators

I believe in using races as motivators. It's hard to keep an exercise program if you don't have a significant goal in sight. Bob Greene, Fitness Instructor

This is definitely me. If I don't have something to work for I would probably not do anything or much of anything. It really is much easier to not do anything...sit around, watch TV, play on the computer etc.

With that, I have two events coming up. The first one is Moxie Runners - All Female Run.  This one was out of the blue! It happened to be a Groupon deal last week and I couldn't pass up a 1/2 price run! So this Sunday I'll be running a 5k which will be just around the corner and down the street from our house!

The second event is the Run Like Hell! Weeeee!!!! I gotta get my cape out...or make one - SUPER HEROES BABY! I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. I'm planning on the 10k again this year and I'm psyched! Should be fun!!! If Tom can run a 5k - which he should be able to by then, we'll be there together!

What motivates you?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have those goals! Right now I'm trying to figure out what does motivate me. You are definitely an encouragement to me!!

    ReplyDelete