About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, August 31, 2012

Commuting...


The mornings are not as light as they were a month ago so it's time to start re-thinking my morning runs. I was able to get out on Monday, but it was a route that was pretty close to home and I didn't feel terribly freaked out by running from home then. I have a nice 4 mile route that is basically little loops that incorporate Autumn Trace quite a bit...good times!

Yesterday was another 4 mile run and I wanted to do something different. So I decided that running to work would be fun. Okay, not all the way from home, but close enough. Tom and I parked the car in Felida - not far from our "good friend Jenni's house" which was the beginning of a nice little route that goes along roads that are not that heavily traveled - with the exception of Lakeshore Avenue. Fortunately the traffic on Lakeshore was mostly going south, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I ran most of the hills and actually enjoyed them! With one very brief walk break I would have to say that this run was one of the best I have had this summer! Since I stashed some work clothes in the ladies room the day before, I was good to go!

None of my runs on my current training plan go past 4 miles during the week, so I may be able to continue to do most of the runs over the next 7 weeks from home, but it's nice to know that I could actually run to work.

Commuting by running...now there's a concept!




No comments:

Post a Comment