About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Starting Anew

It's not like I'm starting over with my running, just a new plan. I had been working on a 1/2 marathon plan since the end of May. I was on track until I around my birthday and ended up with a cold or something. So that set-back cost me a couple of weeks and I have been off track ever since.

This week I decided since I would not be running a half this year (foiled again) I probably should go to runnersworld.com and create a new plan for a 10k distance. Even though I'm already running 4 miles most of the time, I have not wanted to run 4 miles during my runs this week. So I gave myself a break and only did 3 miles on Tuesday and today. Sunday is the Moxie Runner's All Female run; which I'll do the 5k.

Next week I'll be back on track and follow the plan - unless something else comes up! I'm trying to be more flexible, but still do what needs to be done so that I don't lose what running condition that I have built up so far. I don't want to start over, that's the point I'm figuring out after all these years!

Tom has started running again - a couple of weeks ago he was doing a 1/2 mile this morning he ran about 1.5 miles...walked a lot at the track too. So he's getting back into it. Slowly but surely, he's getting there.

Looking forward to a couple of days of rest and then a nice early run on Sunday! Woo hoo!!



No comments:

Post a Comment