About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, August 27, 2012

COLORFUL

Runningahead.com

I'm liking the variety of colors that my run chart is sporting these days! This is a very encouraging thing for me to look at - it keeps me motivated. Maybe this year will be the year that I keep up this running routine and I won't have to start over again in early Spring.

Today was an easy run - 4 miles. Tom joined me for the first mile and then I finished the remaining 3 miles on my own. I figured out a nice route that keeps me close to home, but I get the challenge of running a short hill on 3 separate occasions. Today was a real challenge for me because I wanted to NOT do 4 miles very badly. My 5 mile run on Saturday was still with me and my legs were feeling a little tired. I managed to win the battle with my negative self talk and finished - my fast 4 mile run to date!

Wednesday is a tempo run - Tom wants to run part of it with me. So to keep it a little more interesting than the track, I'm going to have to figure out where exactly my mile warm up ends and my mile cool down begins. So he can join me at the end of the run OR he could run with me in the beginning and then turn around when I have to increase my speed. That kind of sounds funny to me, because I certainly don't feel speedy...hehe.

As I was looking ahead on my training, which I should NEVER do, but my longest run before Run Like Hell will be 12 miles! That is like double the distance that I'll actually run during that event. I guess after I run 12 miles, everything else will be easy by comparison!

I'm not going to jinx myself again, but really...I do like this running thing that I've got going on!




No comments:

Post a Comment