About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, August 6, 2012

Tom is on the Run!



Yes! Tom joined me this morning for the very last part of my run! Helen (his PT) okay'd him to run about 1/2 mile to start. Okay, so we stretched it out just a little, but hey, he's back at it!

After running alone since the end of May it's nice to have a running partner again...and a partner that was once a faster run who is now running closer to my pace if not slightly slower - YAAAAY!

Seriously though, this is great progress for Tom. He's been looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and we started that routine by going to our first Time Trial of 2012 and getting slammed by the wind! Good times! Of course, when he reported back to Helen what he had done since his last visit she was a little taken aback. I don't know how she can be surprised, after a few sessions, I would think she might have an idea of the type of person Tom is - MOTIVATED!

All I can say is that she needs to be a little more specific about what he is allowed to do according to how he is progressing with his physical therapy. I'm just sayin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment