About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, January 25, 2013

Event Planning

Cycle Oregon Weekend Ride 2010
With the Shamrock run less than two months away, I am starting to think about the events that I want to participate in this year. There are a couple that I HAVE to do - and both have become favorites in the last 5 years. The first being the Shamrock run. It's fun to see so many different runners on the road...from the super speedy to the just barely running. So encouraging to see so many people out on the road in an event that has been called the official first run of the "racing" season. Oh, if you are reading this and want to be a part of the team I am putting together, go to www.shamrockrunportland.com and fill out the form and get the completed form and your money to me this weekend and I'll make sure that it is included with all the ones I have now. The team fee is $32...checks made out to yours truly...

Must do event #2 is the Independence Day run in Ridgefield. I don't know why I decided I wanted to do that run, but I'm glad that I did. I think this will be th 5th time running it this year. It's smaller, but oh so family friendly. I LOVE to see parents out on the course with their young runners, coaching them all the way. So fun!

Tom and I only did one time trial last year, so that will have to go back on the schedule this year. Along with that, the Tour de Blast may be changing the ride date to sometime in September instead of mid-June. The last two that we did were not enjoyable at all. So have haven't done this ride in the past two years.

We have decided to do more running events and less cycling events. Running events are so easy and usually close to home too. Too much has to go with us for a cycling event, but I have to admit that I have missed some of  our faves, like the Peach of a Century, Monster Cookie and the Covered Bridge ride. Those rides are out of Salem and Albany, so I'm cool with not doing them ;)

As the year goes on and more events come up, I'll be posting those here. I am hoping to do another triathlon...what am I supposed to do with a wet suit?

Here's to an event filled year with my hubby who is pretty much healed up from his surgery last Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment