About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Slippin' and Slidin'

(google images)
Yeah, so yesterday I posted about running the Salmon Creek trail out and back which put us at 6 miles today. WELL, there were some things that I wanted to accomplish today besides a run so I decided that we should just do a run that starts from our back door instead. It's good that I thought to do that because there were some spots that were a little slippery! I can see it now...I would do one of those fancy moves that you see in the cartoons and somehow do a flip and then land on my head. Okay, maybe not that spectacular, but you get the idea.

Even though the side of the road we were running on was mostly clear and not slick, there was a spot that is near HB Fuller that is in the shade during the winter months and you know, shade breeds icy patches!

To make things even better, at one point as we were heading back home, I decided that it would be fun to cross the street and run on the opposite side of the street where the sidewalks are slickery. Yup, more shade. It made for an interesting last half mile or so of our run. My pace was about a minute slower than my previous outings. I figure I was trying not to fall down, so it's all good.

SO - if the sidewalks and some of the pavement not far from our house were slick could you imagine the SC Trail where a lot of the trail would be shaded. It would be not good.

Enough said!

PS - I'm 5.2 miles into my goal. I'm pretty sure that I'll meet my goal - even in the 80% or 90% rain in the forecast for the coming week. Today was 80%, but it was not to be...I LOVE that 80% means 80% no rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment