About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Running Skirts

For the past couple of year I thought that it would be nice to add a running skirt to my athletic wear. These little guys are seriously expensive! So I have held off...until I did the Every Girls run on August 19...

Every Girls Run Event
I saw the display of these cute little things and was holding one when the owner came up and pretty much grabbed the skirt out of my hand and whipped that thing around me! OMG - SO COOL! That was it...I was sold. I wanted one! She then went on to tell me that the skirts are $69. Hmmm...that's a bit much. So I held off. 

Until yesterday - we went to Sweet Spot Skirts located in downtown Vancouver at 6th and Main - near Smith Tower. With so many to choose from I had a hard time deciding which one I wanted. I decided that this one would be my best bet...and all the skirts are reversible, so really, it's like getting two skirts in one! 

My run this morning seemed more fun this morning, plus since I was covering up my caboose, I didn't feel so self conscious about wearing my lycra pants. Take a look!
Got my own skirt now!
As I run I end up thinking about a lot of different things - I don't run with an iPod or anything, I just don't feel like that is a safe thing to do. So, I think...sometimes I pray...sometimes I think about songs that we have sung at church. A lot of times I have to repeat short phrases when I'm feeling a little not so great just to get done with the run. This morning I thought about how easy my runs over the past couple of weeks were feeling and that the distances over 3 miles don't feel as daunting as they once did. My goal is to keep up with my running so I'm not "starting over" again in the spring. We'll see how that works out during the rainy months.

I'm a Runner!

Run Stats as of September 9, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment