About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, June 14, 2014

New Stuff

In the last couple of weeks I added a couple of pieces of running gear - a hydration belt and a sport watch. Both very cool items, but also fairly new with the watch being quite techie. I'm happy to have added both to my running gear, but I am a little concerned.

First the watch is VERY much a techie toy....


The basic features with BASIC being the operative word: watch, stopwatch, GPS. Features that I understand and for me the GPS function is a bonus and one that creates the rest of the features that this watch offers.

It keeps a history of recent runs, shows your records for several distances, shows your most recent run, lets you dictate whether your intervals are manual or automatic and allows you to tap the screen to "mark" your lap....and more! Holy Cow! If I make through the race tomorrow without tripping over something because I was messing around with the watch I will be VERY happy!

My other item...

After my first half, it was pretty clear to me that I might want to invest in a hydration belt. The first one that we bought was about a month ago and Tom had been using it for our long runs. I think I had it on for a total of two mile...maybe a little more. As you can plainly see it has two bottles (9 oz each) and a good size pocket in between which also has a velcro pocket on the outside. I had fully intended to at least run my last two training runs with this on, but forgot both times. The good thing is that there will be aid stations every couple of miles, so I know I won't be lacking in hydration.

Nothing like going out for my 2nd half marathon with TWO new items. At least the distance won't be much of a mystery, I know how that feels!

Tomorrow is going to be so great - I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment