About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Big Day is TOMORROW!

This is it, last day of rest before doing the Vancouver USA Half Marathon tomorrow - I'm SO EXCITED!

Why am I so excited? Two reasons really...oh wait THREE...

1. Tom will be running his first half marathon! A challenge that he put out there a while back, I think before his accident a couple of years ago. Which makes this race event so special - running seemed to be the big question after his accident/surgery/recovery. Here we are, two years later and he trained with me for the last 12 weeks to get ready for this event. Okay, so he ran my pace, but that just means that he'll be ready to rock 'n roll tomorrow morning as he'll be running his own race!

Tom and the men after Shamrock 2014
2.  We actually followed the training plan for the past 12 weeks! I might have switched up a run here and there, but for the most part we stuck to the plan and I feel really good!

Last month of training
3. I got my birthday present a few days early - a Nike+ sport watch!! I don't know how Tom knew...hahaha...I only talked about wanting one for like the past couple of months :) Tomorrow is going to be AWESOME! I'll get an accurate time and the accurate distance which will make all my training stats - ACCURATE..hehe. I'm definitely a numbers girl, so this will be fun for me.

This was before I connected and set it up
Bonus Reason:

I have NO pain in my shoulder/neck. This week has been good. Only a little numbness, but other than that nothing. The only thing(s) giving me trouble, as usual, would be my back. Nothing new there.

So, today we'll pick up our packets and I'm going to check out my watch to see what it does. Then rest, Rest, REST!

Race report to come in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment