About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, June 9, 2014

Count Down Time

Kinda fell off the face of the blogging earth for a couple of weeks...

photo credit Cafe Press via Pinterest

We are down to our last two training runs Tuesday and Thursday, 2 and 3 miles respectively. The past 11 weeks went so fast! It's hard to imagine that we'll be running the Vancouver Half this coming Sunday - my 2nd half and Tom's first!

We MOSTLY stuck to the plan, I think I ended up skipping 2 maybe 3 training runs and modifying a couple here and there. I may have skipped a long run, for some reason, but I don't remember. I have taken the attitude that if it's not going to happen on one day, take that day off and do the run the next day or whenever. It takes too much energy to beat myself up if I have a super bad run. Which is what happened with our last long run. Got out on Saturday morning, bright and early and realized pretty quickly that my body was not lovin' the whole running action - not that my body loves running anyway, but I knew that it would be rough. Rough for 9 miles. So we looped the neighborhood and 1.34 miles later we were back home and deciding to move on with the day...running errands and doing other miscellaneous stuff. I spent the day resting and hydrating before we went over to our friend's house for a little dinner and games. We were home early (relatively) and in bed by 9:30 I think. Not bad for hanging with our friends! Now that we had postponed the last long run we HAD to do it Sunday morning - before heading out to Worship time. Okaaaay...now I wasn't tired...just on a mission! Get out and run! All went well, I felt much better than Saturday and I focused a lot on doing the things that I continually convince myself that I am not capable of...brain training.

I have a pretty bad negative self talk streak and I really have been trying on the longer runs over the last couple of weeks to tell myself that I CAN do the things that trip me up. Brain training is HARD. For me it's a daily thing. When things go well during my training, then I feel really good about a lot of things...and more importantly, my athletic ability. I think I'm growing ;)

So this week I'm cramming the nutrition tips thing and so we'll see how things go between now and Sunday :) Sunday will be the big test...and motivator to make the nutrition thing a more permanent thing for future running events/races.

While I continue to prepare for Sunday I will be looking forward to my next half marathon. Crazy me - always planning the next challenge before finishing a current challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment