About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, August 30, 2013

What Have I Done?

Seriously...WHAT is wrong with me?! 
 
Look at what I did...
 
*******************************************
 
Thank you! Your registration is complete.
You will receive an email confirmation of your registration shortly.
Message from the Event Director
 
CONGRATULATIONS - YOU ARE IN!
 
Registration
Event: 2014 Vancouver USA Marathon - Half Marathon - Sunday 6/15
Participant: Nancy Olschewsky
Items Price Quantity Total

Individual
$49.00 1 $49.00
Finisher's Shirt (included) - Women's Large
$0.00 1 $0.00
Subtotal: $49.00
Processing fee: $4.56
Total: $53.56
 
That's right...I was crazy enough to register for my 2nd Half BEFORE having run my first one. As soon as I hit the button and the message came up I had a little bit of a feeling that I can't describe...something along the lines of "I must be CRAZY!" The whole idea of doing a half came a couple of years ago...HERE. Since that crazy notion a couple of years ago I have done all sorts of running events and even a couple of duathlons and triathlons. So I know that I can muster up the endurance to finish such an event.
 
I guess the question really is, "What happened that I changed my mind?" I'm getting a little bored with the shorter distances  - 5k's, 8k's and a couple of 10k's as well as the odd 12k. I've been running on a regular basis and using training plans to prepare for most of the events I enter and surprisingly, I have been able to reach the time goals for many of those events! To say that I have reached a goal just reminds me that with a little hard work and a lot of dedication I can reach the goals I set for myself. 
 
Week 5 of my training plan is almost done...15 more weeks to go!!! Next week it looks like I move  from doing just easy runs to doing a hard workout on Wednesdays. Speedwork next Wednesday then Tempo run the following week and alternating through the rest of my training. Also, in probably another 5 weeks or so I'll be adding an additional run day during the week. Although, I think I'll go ahead and do that now...an extra mile or two on Thursday, Friday or Sunday would be good.

I really am looking forward to my first Half Marathon - just need to stay healthy!

run, Run, RUN!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment