About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

WHY?!


Tomorrow is Wednesday and I have Speed Work for my workout. I have noticed that with the training plans that I have created through the Runner's World website that the first speed work is 2 x 1600...HOLY COW! WHY can't we work up to that...by doing 8 x 400s or 3 x 800s or whatever...HUH?! It's not like I can't do it, I've done it before, I think just one time. Which is why I have been so resistant with each of the plans that have that as the first speed work.Yes, I'm a whiner...

I'm trying to change my attitude about this particular workout and will be doing this regardless to what I'm thinking/feeling tomorrow morning. With Tom as my "coach" I will have to listen to him as I won't be trying to modify the workout to be easier than what has been prescribed. I may die in the process...but I won't modify the plan.

This is brain training at it's finest - thinking about it for a couple of days ahead of time and then having second thoughts the day before. We'll see what tomorrow morning brings!

My goal is to stick to my HM training plan as closely as possible and switching up runs day as needed. I've done too many revisions to past plans (although it didn't hurt the end results) and I would like to see what it's like to actually follow the plan to the last workout :)

Good luck to me...LOVE running!


No comments:

Post a Comment