About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Feeling Neutral

I have run 60.9 miles in these shoes...

Brooks Ghost 7
My non-New Balance shoes have proven to be a very good shoe! It took a couple of weeks to get used to these neutral shoes as they are not as rigid as my stability shoes and I think that fact may have messed with my mind a little (as well as my body).

However, in the last couple of weeks I have noticed how much better I feel during our training runs. Up until about a couple of weeks ago, I had experienced tired calves early during our runs as well as feeling very sluggish toward the end of the run. The past couple of weeks have felt GREAT! I almost feel as if I have a little more bounced in my step!

This morning as we started through Shorecrest Tom noted that I was doing great...I shushed him because I felt that would jinx the goodness that I was experiencing. I've always thought that if I am having a good run that it is a fluke and that it won't happen again. We'll see, this week has been pretty good so far. Just one more training run (8 miles) and we are another week closer to the North County Wine Run.

the shorty blip on the 19th was a walk...not a run...no running streak happening right now


All in all, if you need a neutral shoe and Brooks works for you, I would highly recommend the Ghost 7.

run, Run, RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment