About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, August 18, 2014

Another week...Another 4 Runs!

Another week of training has started and this week we add Thursday into the mix. Actually we have been off scheduled a little and have been doing Thursday runs anyway AND meeting with Mary too, so it's really not that much of a difference, but it is a change in how I will view each training day.

I HAVE to get up on Monday and run! Which really means I need to get to bed around 8 or 8:30 to fall asleep at a respectable hour to get enough sleep AND wake up well before it's time to run. I'll take a melatonin to get me heading to bed at an appropriate time.

SO - this morning was good! Yesterday was an okay day - I had put off our long run from Saturday to Sunday because I had a headache that just didn't want to go away. I had decided that we should run the new 139th Street Overpass. My initial thought was to run to 20th Avenue and then turn around and go back over. Once we got to the other side, it seemed wrong to not do a little loop before heading back home on 139th. There is brand new sidewalk on 134th Street between 20th and the on-ramp to I-5 North. So that was pretty cool. The rest of the route was pretty standard, going past the Fire Station, Fred Meyer and all the other stuff between Freddy's and our house. In the end we did 5.63 in 1:15:27 - according to my nike+ sport watch my pace was 13:34. I'll take it! I wasn't really expecting better than that. I'm just thrilled that it wasn't closer to 14!

Last week was really just a off week and now that it is past us, this week will be brand new and I will give all I've got to each run. A quote that continually goes through my mind while we are out is:


This is so true, this morning I decided that I would run farther than the turn around point and actually made it back to the sub-division before I stopped to walk. Today IS an easy day after all!

Our week of running has started off well and it looks like hills on Wednesday! It's been a few weeks since we have done hills...OYE...

run, Run, RUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment