About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Blaaaaah....

It has been a while since I felt anything remotely positive about my running. There have been a few things that are bogging me down and I am having a hard time shaking these thing.

This has a lot of meaning for me these days...


There are less than 10 training runs before we run the Vancouver USA half marathon. I KNOW that I can do it, I've done more with less training and I can plod through this course with the best of them! I'm not going to abandon my hope of posting a better time than the Wine Run or the Shamrock (the last two halfs that we did). I just need to let time heal my spirit and I can free up that energy to help me run the best that I know that I can, even if my training has been off.

The 10 miler that was on my schedule was not  going to happen, so we passed that over in favor of resting a bit. Here is the line up for the rest of my training plan:

June 10 - 5 miles, Tempo
June 11 - 3 miles, Easy
June 13 or 14, 10 miles, Long
June 16, 17 & 18, 3 miles, Easy.

JUNE 21 - Half Marathon Day!!!!

I am looking forward to getting out tomorrow morning, so that's a good thing. I will need to try to maintain a positive outlook by trying to set aside the things that bog me down the most...

No comments:

Post a Comment