About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, June 19, 2015

It's Race Weekend!


I'm getting excited about the Vancouver USA Marathon Weekend! Tom and I will be doing the half, it will be the 2nd time doing this event and our 2nd half for the year.

The past few weeks have not been that great as far as training goes. There have been some things weighing on my mind and I think that those things will stay behind me race day. I feel like we could have done better with training. However, we did MORE as far as weekly mileage than in our prep for past Halfs so I'm satisfied. Also, I need to remember that in past years we have accomplished more on not as much training. The one thing that I wanted to make sure to do is a 10 miler. It would have been nice to hit the other two that were on the schedule, but it just wasn't in the cards this time around.

Tomorrow is packet pick up!! So I'll be posting again tomorrow after - hoping to connect with a new running buddy that we (Tom) photo bombed last fall...

OH YEAH....Half Marathons ROCK!




No comments:

Post a Comment