About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, February 22, 2016

Why Did Running Get So Difficult?



Running has been iffy at best since the running streak ended. I thought for sure that I would be more motivated once we got signed up for a running event or two (actually 4 for me).

I think that I'm just getting tired of running while it is so dark. We run before I go to work, so that means I get up early and try to get in run mode, but it hasn't been working out very well and I have not been able to stick to the running plan. Some daylight will certainly help as I am like a lot of people and am very much light activated.

Right now the other thing that will mess with me is the fact that I am not able to get my run stats downloaded from my watch. We are currently without a computer so no connectivity for now. We'll see if my watch fires up tomorrow morning. If not I'll have to work at not feeling defeated. I already feel bad enough about my physical ailments in general. I don't need my feel like I NEED my watch - even though I do. Maybe I don't...well, yes - I do! Also, I will need to work at positive self-talk - a constant battle in my head. I'm not a loser...I'm not a loser. Losers sleep in and sit on the couch and eat bowls of ice cream while watching YouTube videos...oh hey...that sounds like us on a rest day! Except the ice cream - that doesn't happen very often.

Here is the line up of races that we are registered for already:

March 6 - Fort Vancouver Run 12k, Vancouver, WA 
March 26 - Hop Hop Half Marathon, Portland, OR
June 19 - Vancouver USA Half Marathon, Vancouver, WA
July 10 - See Jane Run Half Marathon, Seattle, WA

This too shall pass - especially when Downton Abbey is over and we are staying up on Sunday night to watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment