About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

How many days do I have?

Until the next Du/Tri? I have all of July to TRAIN!

This week I started up with my bike commuting again, so that has been good. I have to rely on walking to get to the store or when I want to visit Starbucks (Target) for my coffee. I don't miss going to my regular Starbucks so much even though school is out and it is much quieter these days.

Today I decided to do a quick run after arriving home - my ride home was pretty good with my average hovering around 15mph while going into the wind and the run felt surprisingly good. This is just the beginning of ramping back up for the All Women's Tri/Du event at Blue Lake - hope to have a team for this one because it will be totally fun!

Since riding the Tour de Blast I have decided that it would be good to drop some weight. That would greatly increase my ability to ride up hills, run like a fool and all other things that require me to move fast. So I have started to track my food intake on The Daily Plate (again). This is a handy tool that allows me to see what all I'm eating and helps me to make better choices so that I can reach my goals. It's not so much that I'm on a diet, but just making sure that I get the kind of foods that I should be consuming each day and balancing my carbs/fats/proteins. Today I did pretty well, with all the calories that I burned riding to and from work along with the walking to the store and to Mali's shop, I managed to have so many calories available at the end of the day for dinner which we usually try to keep pretty light and healthy.

Aaah, food....we have a new favorite that we tried this week Sushi Roll in a Bowl - I don't know why I didn't think of this myself. The first time I saw it was in the June issue of Prevention Magazine and I have been wanting to try it for at least a month now. It's a really fun recipe to do, it's almost like making salads, only instead of lettuce sushi rice is used. The rice is surprisingly easy to make and will easily feed four people. We had a few of our favorite sushi type items, cucumbers, carrots, shrimp, smoked salmon and a couple of other things and had a fun time making dinner together...it's a new favorite so it will probably be a regular feature since it is so easy.

So hopefully in the next month I will gain some strength, lose a few pounds and most of all stay PSYCHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment