About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, June 18, 2009

TIREDNESS

I didn't realize how tired how would feel after doing the Duathlon. Turns out my body is pretty fatigued. I spent the last 6 months getting ready for this and now that it is all over I can be tired. Seems weird that the tiredness only just now started. There have been other things that have caused me to slow down, but not to the point that I will put off a run or riding to work. I figure my "reward" is rest for this week. Did one brief run this week and Tom and I went for a ride this morning a short one (just 13 miles). It's all good though, because I don't feel the urge to push myself right now. I am reserving that for the next multi-sport event, the All Women's Triathlon/Duathlon on August 1st. With just over 5 weeks until this next event, I'm hoping to get a team put together and make it a relay - share the wealth of fun! I had a lot of fun during the first one and it is an experience that cannot be compared to anything else.

This was a fun event to do just to see if I could do it and see just how much effort I would have to put into finishing. Turns out I had to put a fair amount of effort into running the second run, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was a slow run, but really I didn't feel so different than when I ran my first 5K for the LIVESTRONG Challenge a year ago.

I like being active and challenging myself to do better. Nothing about the things I choose to do is decided on a whim. Since I had my brain tumor diagnosis 5 years ago, it has been my goal to experience as much as possible and not take life for granted. I would rather spend life being adventurous and have all these memories to look back on than to worry about my health. There is no reward in that.

Here's looking forward to more multi-sport events....I'm Psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment