About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, April 29, 2010

37 days...

The days keep ticking by and we are getting closer and closer to Blue Lake 2010.

So far I'm way ahead of the game as I have upped my running considerably over last years pitiful training for my first Duathlon. When I'm feeling good I'm doing at least 9-10 miles per week. Which isn't a lot, but after I looked over my run stats in the months leading up to my first Du I'm amazed that I was even able to do last year's Du without dying! My goal for this year, besides finishing, is to get as close to 2 hours as possible. Last year I finished at 2hrs 11 min. Not bad for a first time out.

Having a gym membership has definitely helped. Tom and I usually show up around 5:15 and I'm on the treadmill as soon as I can get up the stairs and settled in. Since Tom's spin class starts at 5:45 I have all sorts of time to run and do different things while he in his class. For the past few weeks I have incorporated Bricks into my run training once a week. That will really make a difference on race day.

I love stats...so here's how the last month or so looks for running...


Looking forward to more runs and logging more miles. This year I feel so much better as a runner that I think I AM a runner!

Time trial tonight (if no rain) and RACC this weekend...Run Ride Run baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment