About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Effort

If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort ~~
Dave Weinbaum, Businessman, writer and part-time stand-up comic.


I've said it before, I suck at running...and I'm starting to realize that I'm a so-so swimmer. At least I can ride a bike. Even so, I have to keep up on the running and swimming if I am going to do a tri in 2011. Blue Lake Sprint Tri is in June, so I have 6 months to continue preparing. I have a feeling that I'll be doing the Tri-It, which is fine, it's really where I need to start.


Having done a couple of Duathlons as an individual and a couple as a team I have to say that I'm hooked! I like the challenge of doing all multisports and pushing myself to do things that I think I can't do. It's just a big mind game ;)


So my goal is to keep on swimming, running and get back into cycling. The VBC time trials will start up again in April, so that will be my training for the bike leg. I'll sign up for various 5K runs to keep my running going. It's the swimming that I have to be deliberate about. We don't have a pool in the back yard so it's off to the gym at least 3 times a week and more if needed.


With all the effort that I put into each of these elements, I know I'll make it and really talent is overrated!


Here's looking to a Triathlon in 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I am SO impressed with you and all you do. I know you'll do super with what you set your mind to! You are quite inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete