About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, July 25, 2011

Swimming? Riding? Running?

Yeah, so I feel like I fell off the face of the earth...hehe...I've been doing a little swimming, riding and running - just haven't done anything that is noteworthy I guess.

Since Blue Lake, I took a week of from pretty much doing anything physical. I celebrated a birthday, ran the 4th of July run in Ridgefield and went to Salem with Tom to participate in the Cycle Oregon Weekend ride.

After I decided I was done resting, I started running again. Now THAT has been going slowly! I haven't been really consistent with my run days...some days I hit the road and all is well, then other days it's not that great. I'm trying though. It's that mental struggle that I'm fighting most of the time.

With the All Women's Event this coming Saturday I am hopeful that I can get settled into a running routine that will still allow my cycling habit and also leave me with the time (and energy) to do some Open Water swims...my goal is to do better in the next triathlon I sign up for. Which will be Stumptown Tri and Du in just over a month!

So, this week is just a run week...no other activities to get in the way of trying to get my legs used to running.

  
This is my run chart for July - pretty pathetic!

I think I may have missed recording a couple of days of running - this just looks pathetic! I'm sure that I got out and ran during the week of July 11 - I think.

Posting this chart here will be motivation for me to keep on running. If I'm going to run a half marathon I need to get serious about this running stuff. Also, I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm not improving, but I know I can do more than 5 miles...I've done it before. I just need to keep at it! So, I'll be posting run charts more regularly after All Women's event.

This blog is to keep me motivated to continue improving...so I need your help to keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment