About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, August 1, 2011

2011 Team Felida Cycling...

is soooo DONE!
Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Create a free picture collage

This year wasn't the greatest year...my running has been waaaay down and I guess Robin hadn't been training much either. At least we were both in the same predicament. We both knew the event was coming up and still just going along our business until race day. Actually, I like to think that I "crammed" a little the week before, but that's silly...I was just getting out to get out of the house!

So, my big observation is not about how I raced or how Robin raced, but how we COULD HAVE placed if I had a chance to apply my logic to the teams that were signed up.

Hopefully I don't get lost in my thinking...for I AM thinking clearly now...

Okay, there were a total of 6 teams. Out of those teams, one of those teams was registered for the 70 and Under division - yay, no competition there. From the 5 that were left, one of those teams should have been in the 70 and Under division, unless new math dictates that 32+34=over 91. So in my mind, that would be an automatic DQ for not being able to ADD. Now we are down to 4 teams - two of those teams had 3 people each. Another automatic DQ - not fair having 2 different runners to run each leg. That's cheating. In the end that would have left 2 REAL teams in the 91 and Over Division. And with our minimalist training performance we STILL could have placed! Which is kind of funny because we would have STILL been LAST!

First or Last...we still could have gotten a medal ;)

2 comments:

  1. You know, whether you placed or not, you did an awesome job just by doing it!! Good for you!! I love hearing about this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was our 3rd year and we had a blast! Next year we'll go middle of the road :)

    ReplyDelete