About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, August 12, 2011

Body says STOP

So, last night we went and rode the Vancouver Bicycle Club time trial...the last time we went was June 30 and my time that night was a very disappointing 34:19. I don't know why, but even though it's a decent time, I know I know that I can do better. My best time from last season was 32:25 an excellent time! Last night I finished the 10 mile course in about 33:08 or so. I'll have to check out my official time on the website later.

This morning I got myself out around 6am for a run. It seems that this week has been short run week. I haven't done anything over 2 miles and threw in some hill repeats one day just because I know I need to do them! So, today, the day after going almost all out during the time trial, my legs were feeling a little tired. I wanted to stop so bad, but since I knew my run wouldn't be long, I had to continue on to get the maximum benefit from running and to win the internal battle of wanting to STOP. I know if I stop, starting up will be that much harder and the reality is, I really don't enjoy walking. Running is SOOO much quicker!

My morning runs will be coming to an end soon as the sun rises later each morning. That just means I'll have to go and run on the treadmill at the gym. Ugh. It's so hard to keep going on the treadmill stopping on the treadmill is so easy, just push a button! My motivation - the fact that we are going to run the Run Like Hell 10k in October! So that means I gotta...

run, Run, RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment