About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back To The Gym

I have been starting to feel a little guilty about not going to the gym as often as I had in the Spring...but really, who wants to train indoors when the weather is so nice out? Today was my first weekday back in the gym...that just means rising early two or three days a week and hoping to get into the pool before too many others show up or hoping that my preferred treadmill is available.

Today's swim wasn't all that great. I had a little open water action on Saturday (however brief) and then back into the pool on Sunday. I felt a little sluggish and my body just didn't feel like doing the swim action - and moving forward seemed more like a theory than actual reality. So I kept it brief and kept at it for 15 minutes and then out of the pool to get changed to get onto the treadmill.

Oh yeah, the treadmill...not exactly my favorite piece of gym equipment, but that's not a surprise, I'm not sure anyone really likes running on a treadmill. It's been a few months since my last run on the treadmill so I decided to keep it brief, knowing that I'll be able to get on the road later this weekend. I will need to get a radio tuner that is easy to clip to my clothes so I can enjoy the news or whatever is showing on the monitors while I'm running. Anyway, today I ran probably about 15 minutes on a treadmill that had a weird noise so I kept focusing on that instead of just ignoring it. I hate it when there is an odd noise - can't concentrate on the task at hand. I should have known, I should have just gone to the treadmill that I usually use at the gym...next time!

Less than two weeks and Stumptown will be here! So excited...but also, just wanting to get done with this so I can move on to my next goal.

So much to do...so little time (sigh).

2 comments:

  1. I am still amazed by you, even when you feel like you're not doing the whole workout, or whatever!! I'm so happy for you, and how much you love doing all of these physical activities. You are truly an inspiration. God bless you, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marlina! That means a lot to me...trying to not be a slug is hard work! But I love it!

    ReplyDelete