About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 2...

I'm on a roll! Yesterday after work Tom and I got out on the bikes to complete my Day 1 quota. Last night I was ahead of the game at 7.96 miles to start off this silly endeavor - all I need to do is get at least 4.61 miles a day to stay on track. That is completely doable!

This morning was a bike commute of 5.91 miles and a walk to Target during my lunch break that added another .47 miles. After work we are heading to the gym for a swim. Hopefully I'll get another 12 laps in today. We'll see - I was a little tired this morning and my ride time was a little slower than my bike commute last week.

This is a fun challenge which breaks up the monotony of actually following a training plan like for a triathlon or a running plan. Now that I have some extra miles in so early in the game I'll be able to take a rest day when needed and not feel bad about it. Also, I'll have the freedom to throw in pilates or yoga or weight training (GASP) when I feel like it.

I'm not sure what I would like to do tomorrow, but my activity may include running - which I haven't done for a couple of days and perhaps a errand to Fred Meyer on my bike.

Once I've got my stuff done I'll be back to post my mileage again!

No comments:

Post a Comment