About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, April 5, 2012

2012 Challenge

Okay...so we are already in April and I'm thinking challenges. I'm slow - leave me alone!

So, I was surfing around for a picture to post here and as I was going through the photos on Google Images the following pic caught my eye...


Let's face it, I like the word Challenge - granted my last effort kind of flopped, the whole, I think I'll try to run a half-marathon didn't happen - the reality is that running isn't my everyday passion, but that's a different post.

Three years ago I challenged my self to do a DUATHLON and did it. Also, in the same year I decided to that I wanted to RIDE A CENTURY. When you think about it just one crazy hard event in a year is not enough...which reminds me, Robin and I did the ALL WOMENS EVENT that same year as well. Oh...that was the year that we got our first taste of TIME TRIALING (thanks Vancouver Bicycle Club).

Oh yes, I better get back on track here...

So I'm looking around for a picture and find the one above and the word Challenge just gets me a little curious. Of course I have to check out what this craziness could be...it's basically a fundraising thing in the UK where participants choose their activity of choice or several activities and cover 2012 KM - I'm guessing in a certain time period, like a year, maybe? That's like 1250.198 miles...a long ways to go if you are an average-don't-do-much-in-the-way-of-exercise type person.

So starting today, April 5, 2012 I'm going to make it my CHALLENGE to do at least 2012 KM or 1250.198 miles this year doing running, riding, swimming and other miscellaneous equipment that measures distance. With there being 271 days left in 2012 that equals 4.61 miles a day. That's doable right? We'll I guess that will be determined.

I'm already half way done with my daily quota...just need another 2.52 miles to be done for the day. This morning I got into the pool, hopped on the elliptical and then the bike! This might be a quick ride around the neighborhood deal just to get it done!

With this fun new challenge for the year, I'll try to post here more often with my daily activity and what thoughts I may have had during those activities...hopefully.

WHY do I have to like Challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment