About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, August 1, 2009

All Women's Sprint Tri & Du at Blue Lake

Today was the big day! Robin's first taste of Multi-sport events and my second Du!

Just doing the runs and not having to do the ride was a little easier, the only thing that became a problem was the fact that it was a little warm...warmer than when I run normally which has been either early in the morning or in the "cool" of the late afternoon. With the high temps over the last week, today promised to be cooler, but the temps rose steadily throughout the morning.

My first run time was a little slower than Blue Lake in June and my second run time was slightly better, BUT over all the difference between the two runs was not 6 minutes...so that was an improvement. During my second run I managed to twist my ankle a little, but not so much that I had to stop. I was happy that I didn't go down.

Robin did a great job on the ride, she ROCKED the course with an 18+ mph average! She had it pretty easy going to and from the course since I had her use my mtn pedals/shoes for this event. Big fat cleats bolted to the bottom of road shoes...not good, boooo! When we saw her returning to the relay transition area it was a little surprising to see her coming our way...SO COOL!

The coolest part was that there were two Du teams racing and we came in with the fastest time - 2:01:30!!! So that got us medals!! Seriuosly, that is the only way we would get an award, as a TEAM and with the other team no where in sight. So bad, but hey, we got first!!!

I couldn't imagine having anyone else as a teammate...Robin really did great even though she was unsure how things worked during the event. She was also commenting that next year we'll have to beat our time. Hmmm, could she also be hooked? I know I am! Here's looking forward to Blue Lake & the All Women's events in 2010! I'M SUPER PSYCHED NOW!
***UPDATE***
After looking at the results at racecenter.com it turns out that the other team was in a different division! We were the only ones in our division...STILL ROCKED THE COURSE!

No comments:

Post a Comment