About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, August 21, 2009

Unofficial Rest

This hasn't been the best of weeks...if you go to my other blog you will see why.

So this week was just a couple of days of riding AND a couple of days of push ups. OH, I haven't mentioned the push ups...Yeah, the deal with that is if you go to www.hundredpushups.com you will find out all the information needed to "train" to do 100 push ups, consecutively after six weeks - WHOA...SIX WEEKS?! Well, I'm in the middle of week four and am struggling a little bit, so I'll probably do a week of training over again. Just for fun because I really like the trembling arms from all the effort I have to put into reaching the minimum goal for the "Maximum Set" at the end of each session.

Anyway, once I get my motivation back - any day now - I'll hit the road again. I have to admit that it is harder now that Tom isn't supposed to run because of a lingering injury from a fall that occurred at the end of February. It might be two or three more months until he pulls on those running shoes again, so I'll have to do some early morning runs and/or after work runs at the track with Tom walking on the track. I'm a little bummed, but at least he can still get out and walk. My hope is that we will participate in a holiday run in Ridgefield and possibly the First Run in Portland.

We'll see....I'm always looking for something to do and keep myself in a shape less round and pudgy as I have been in years past. Also, I hope to not put on my "winter coat" and if I can manage to do that, I hope to NOT celebrate in January for not gaining weight! It's a constant battle!

I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment