About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, August 28, 2009

Been a slow week...

Haven't done a whole lot as far as training...things are starting to slow down a little. I am continuing to bike commute as much as possible, but as soon as fall arrives I'm not sure how many days I'll have to ride to work. Thought I would run more this week, but haven't and I need to get back on track with my push ups.

Still need to continue logging miles to get ready for the Peach in September though, so I still have something to work toward. I'm looking forward to seeing how long it takes to do 100 miles. We are figuring on 7 to 7.5 hours. We'll see when the day comes! Then our last organized ride for the year will be the Harvest Ride in October which will start at the Washington County Fairgrounds this year. I am hoping for a more relaxed ride this year even though it is a 75 miles. Check out the ROUTE. The route takes us through some areas that we have not covered before - it looks that way at least. New routes are always fun.

When we started the cycling season oh so many months ago I wanted the season to last a long time. Now it looks like it is winding down a little. I'm looking forward to a little rest and running though, so that's all good. We did a lot of fun rides though and cut out most of the urban rides that happen around Portland. We'll probably do the Bridge Pedal next year though...gotta have at least one chaotic day out of the whole year.

The next year will be filled with with running, riding and hopefully swimming! For me it's all about challenging myself beyond what I think I can do and having a good time in the process - even if there is pain and a little suffering!

No comments:

Post a Comment