About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Future Goals

The summer isn't over yet and I'm already looking forward to planning my activities for next year. I have already started with my 8K training, just adding a little distance instead of going all out for a 10K. An 8K seems doable with the time that I have available to run. So, I'm looking forward to reaching that goal.

There is a Spring Classic Duathlon in April and I'm looking to do that one...hopefully Mark & Robin will team up with us...Mark & Tom and Robin & I. Tom and I would be the runners and M & R the cyclists. It would be best that way since they don't run and I'm on my way to actually enjoying this running stuff. It's amazing what the right shoes will do! We'll probably do the Blue Lake Du as individuals, just so I can see if I can better my time and then the All Women's event in August. On top of the multisport events I'm hoping to do a couple of 5K races here and there for training and then there is always the cycling events.

Now that we are starting to become a little more selective about what rides we do I'm sure that we'll cut out all of the urban rides that are in Portland and stick to the longer distance rides. Those fit our riding style of go go go!

So while my training for the first Duathlon is long past...there will always be opportunities to get faster & stronger - well at least stronger...we'll see about faster.

Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment