About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CRAZY IDEAS...

I've done this...

Do I really want to do this?
It almost is crazy to think that I am considering swimming after saying over and over that "I don't swim. Oh, in a lake, yeah, no I don't swim."

Over the weekend Tom and I were in Albany and the hotel we stayed at had a pool. Tom thought I should get a swim suit so we could swim a little. Oh, are there swim suits available mid-way thru summer? No, just the ugly ones or the huge ones or the teeny bopper ones. Nothing for "normal" people. So no swimming this time. Anyway, during our travels around Albany I had asked Tom if he was interested in trying a triathlon, and he said he had thought about it. Crazy thing is I have been thinking of it myself. YIKES!

Not only do I need to train more for my running....I would have to add swimming. Last time I checked we don't have a pool in the backyard and we don't have a membership at one of those gym places that would have a pool. Also, I don't have a suit that fits. So yeah, sign me up!

Doing all these athletic-y activities has been good though, I'm losing some weight (and gaining it back) and getting stronger and more motivated. So I guess we'll do a tri, but not until 2011 - I want to better my individual Du time before moving on to the next challenge.


I'M CRAZY PSYCHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment