About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, August 31, 2009

RUNNING...YEAH BAY-BEE!

Today was the first time I felt like a runner! For real and everything. Running in the dark might have something to do with that so I don't feel so self conscious about how I might appear to unsuspecting folks who happen to see me on the road or the track or trail.

This morning was so cool though...I waited until it wasn't nearly as dark as usual and took off for a two miler - I'm starting my new 8K training plan - and it was comfortable. All the way down and around the corner and to the neighborhood that I run thru (for the street lights). When I popped out at Bliss Road I decided to run on the crappy path that parallels the road. I may not do that again, it is so uneven and bumpy, but I did it and felt somewhat swift...light on my feet. Amazing!

I love feeling like I'm getting somewhere with all the effort I have been trying to put into this activity!

run-ride-run baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment