About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

REST

Now that the All Women's event is past I find that I have to rest. Not because I want to, but because I'm a train wreck! This week I managed to tweak my back, so pretty much all outdoor activities that would require swift movement is OUT. I'm a little bummed, but sometimes I need these little reminders that rest is important. Along with my messed up back I had twisted my ankle during the second run at the All Women's Du and while it is no longer painful, it is still swollen, so no running either. Okay, so I get it...just hang out and recuperate. No pushing for the rest of the week.

This Sunday is a new ride for us, the Mid-Willamette Valley Bike Club's Covered Bridge Bicycle Tour out of Albany. We are opting for the 68 mile tour because that one includes lunch, something that is very important to Tom. I would have been happy with the 40 mile route, but I don't think that I'll regret changing my mind.

Next week will be a good week to start bike commuting again and maybe even get out and run a little too. I got onto runnersworld.com and looked at a new training plan for an 8K - not sure how far that is, but sounds good. It's more than 3.1 miles and less than 6.2 miles I know that for sure. That will be my goal for next year along with shaving time off. Running really has become more enjoyable now that I have the right shoes for my particular running style. I never thought I would ever say that and Tom is surprised to hear those words coming out of my mouth too...look at me, I'm growing!

Even though August has just started I know it will be over before we know it. I'm going to enjoy every day as much as possible because...

I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment