About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

running chart

I have never posted a pic of my running chart because it is so pathetic...but at least I have SOME miles on it...so that is something.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm starting to train for an 8K (4.97 mi), just for distance. I haven't seen any 8K races out there, but in case I do, I'll be ready! I will slowly work my way up to a 10K which I thought I could do this year, but boy was I kidding myself! I didn't have nearly as much time to devote to the running plan and had to abandon it and focus on getting my 5K time a little faster or at least feel more comfortable. Which I do feel comfortable running 3 miles - so all is good!

I am looking forward to the Fall and Winter when I will switch my focus to running and keep my cycling in the background with riding my trek on the trainer in the garage when the mornings are too wet and gloomy to ride. What I'll probably do is change my start time at work to get a little extra time at lunch to get on the treadmill OR we'll actually join a gym and I can get some treadmill time in there. I can't believe that I'm excited about running on the treadmill.

Here's to running an 8K....

I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment