About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Achiva Energy Chews and Protein Cups

It's been a couple of week since I received my latest StrideBox and I have decided to try a couple of things today.

The first was the Achiva Energy Chews - I was skeptical from my last encounter with the Energy Drink.
It's as nasty as it looks.
Today was to be my long run and I decided since I didn't have any of my regular energy gels or candy for before my run I would try the chews. I opened the package and just couldn't get over how gross they appeared, all the other chews that I have tried looked like gummy candy - not these suckers.


Achiva Energy Chews - Pomegranate

So, I popped one in my mouth and they did not taste good at all. I would try another right now, but I can't - I've got a Coffee w/chai and I want to enjoy it without the nasty after taste of the chews. I thought I could eat a few more and the reality was, nope, not gonna happen. Also, before heading out this morning I asked Tom if he wanted to try one...similar reaction, nasty. In the end I had a total of 3 and Tom had one and we both did not enjoy these nuggets of nastiness. So, no more Achiva.

SO NASTY!

Item #2 - Quest Cravings


Now this, this one I liked. It's a Protein Peanut Butter Cup and I like me a peanut butter cup. While these were not Reese's PB cups, these were not horrible. They were actually palatable. From the picture you would think that maybe the filling would be smooth, not so. The consistency was a little crumbly, and the first bite was just a little surprising, but in the end tasted alright. Not quite chocolate or peanut butter, but not nasty like chia seed anything. In my opinion, this company did a pretty good job at making a reasonable tasting peanut butter cup and I would spend money on this if I found this in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment