About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Rest & CrossFit - They Are BOTH Good!


So...a while back I posted about the things I need to do to improve my running HERE.

(photo credit - google images)

SLEEP
There is literally no change in my sleeping habits. If anything I might actually be getting worse. The going to bed part is not the problem, it's the staying asleep that has me all baffled. I consistently wake up around 3am and sometimes don't get back to sleep.

There were a couple of nights that I resorted to taking melatonin to get to sleep, but ended up with a sleep hangover the next morning. Yeah, I don't like that.  However, when we make Mr. Decaf sleep in the basement, I do get more sleep...at least make it to 4:30. So, it seems that I will get anywhere from 5-7 hours a night...at least I get some sleep. More is better, maybe I need go to bed right after dinner!

FOOD
Well, the nutrition thing will always be a daily thing...I try to make better choices, but this girl like a donut now and then. Don't look at me like that :)

I try to eat breakfast everyday whether I decide to "whip up" my instant grits or eat my new favorite Tillamook Farmstyle Greek yogurt. Tom loads my lunch bag up with veggies and a banana, usually have some cheese and a boiled egg too. My lunch entree changes on a daily basis, depending on what we had for dinner. I'm trying to get better with my portions at dinner, but sometimes I just can't help myself! It's a good thing I run!!!

GETTING STRONGER
Okay, so this is where I have some improvement. The only reason I can tell is because I'm actually feeling stronger during my training runs. This morning was SO GOOD! Oh..yeah, so we do what I like to call CrossFit lite. Just enough to work the muscles, but not so much that all we (me & Tom) talk about is CrossFit. As long as I feel really good during my training runs I'll continue to do this CrossFit stuff at home...we also are planning to add yoga and or pilates into the mix too! 

As I continue moving forward, I'm hoping that these areas will improve OR at the very least, don't get worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment