About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mixin' Things Up

Post-Run Kindle Selfie
After going for my easy run on Tuesday - things started to get all mixed up. Thursday was supposed to be my speed-work day, but that morning didn't feel like it would be a good day to try that out. I woke up too early, my knee was hurting AND my neck/shoulder did not feel any better than the day before. So we skipped running in the morning.

On my way home from work I was self talking myself right out of running and promptly told Tom that I would not be running after all. But seeing that he was all set to go it didn't take long for me to at least get out for a little bit of a run - an abbreviated speed-work session. We did ran 200 and walked 200 - a total of 1 mile at the track and ended up with 2.6 miles for the day. Not the 4 that was on the schedule. Not beating myself up anymore. Yesterday was supposed to be my long run, but as soon as we got started I could tell that things would not go well so I turned around and went back home and Tom continued on and did a little over a mile.

After running a couple of errands, I spent a lot of the afternoon resting and icing my shoulder and taking pain reliever. Got a lot of sleep last night and was ready to go this morning! This morning we were out on the road by 6:30 and it was SO GOOD! First mile felt good which was a good indication of how the rest of the run would go. There were a couple of times that I had some doubts that I could get to where I needed to, but Tom said just the right thing and all was well.

Tomorrow we'll do CrossFit and I'll go off to the Chiropractor mid-morning and then we run again on Tuesday. YAY! I'm feeling so much better about this running thing I've gotten into, I'm actually starting to {love} it...shhhhh, not so loud...hee hee.

Week 3 coming up! This week is 4 on Tuesday, 4 on Thursday (Tempo) and 5 on Saturday. Will reset my run days after this week and go back to Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

69 days...Vancouver Half will be here FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment