About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Monday, April 21, 2014

Back on Track



It took a few weeks, but we are back on track with my running days. Three weeks in a row I did something other than run on Mondays...CrossFit or Rest. My neck and shoulder have been giving me a little grief the past couple of weeks, but things are starting to settle down and getting out for a run this morning - a Monday morning - finally happened!

So happy that we are back on track! Yesterday I  had mapped out a route that would take us from our house to Salmon Creek Meadows and on a short trail that goes to Brook Run and out to 149th Street and then out to Shorecrest to make it a 4+ mile route. When we first got going I had every intention to go all the way to the library and come back, but I just wasn't feeling a long, flat two mile route, just to turn around and do it in reverse. We have done that route plenty and it was time to do something different. I guess when I map out a new route, I should just plan to do it. A mile into our run I stopped for a brief walk break and suggested the "new" route. Tom was game, so off we went!

It was fun because there were hills. Most of my runs are with gentle grades which just doesn't take the place of a real hill. Yeah, the hills were short, but at least the route wasn't flat and straight! I felt a little sluggish, but managed to do a decent run. A little slower pace, but I'm not going to complain - I'm out early on a Monday!

So next up is a 4 mile tempo run on Wednesday and then 6 mile long run on Saturday. CrossFit and Plyo on our days off and probably throw in a rest day somewhere also.


No comments:

Post a Comment