About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Confirmation Card

Got mine in the mail yesterday!

Did a couple of runs out on the road - EARLY morning runs this week. I'm pretty excited about the Du. I won't be at work tomorrow so I can decide what I want to do as far as what beverage and other nibbles to bring along. I'll probably bring a bag with a few items in it to leave in the transition area...it will definitely feel different being a part of a team. I think my second run might just be a little better than when I did the full thing in June. While Robin is out on the bike course I'll have that time to keep loose and relaxed for the second run. Hopefully I won't add an additional 6 minutes as I did during the Blue Lake Du.

Oh well, this is all for fun and also for the challenge of it all. When I look back to 5 years ago, I was nearing the last week or so of my radiation treatments at this time back then. No way would I have ever thought that I would be participating in a multi-sport event 5 years later...it's just amazing.

There are times that I feel that this life that I'm living is not real. Who would have even imagined that I would be riding my bike for miles and miles and miles and that I would get to the point that running isn't all that bad? MAN! God is good and I am thankful for all that I have endured before, during and after treatments. If I hadn't I wouldn't have a clue of what I am capable of doing! Life is sweet and...

I'M PSYCHED!

1 comment:

  1. What a story, Nancy! God is awesome and you are gonna rock with Robin!

    ReplyDelete