About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Thursday, July 16, 2009

With the All Women's event a couple of weeks away, it seems that my training has really been hit or miss. I am riding a lot, did a little bit of running, and managed to lose a few pounds since the Tour de Blast. If Robin does do the event with me then all I have to do is run...two 5K's! That would be fine since I went all out on the bike portion of the Blue Lake Du...maybe not so smart. No matter, I FINISHED! I'll have to continue riding and doing the core exercises that I started last week - every little bit helps!

The heat hasn't helped, but I'm trying to do more riding in the heat at least. That will help, then I can't let myself whine about how hot it is while I'm doing this or that. I haven't tried running in the heat yet, I probably will do that next week at least a couple of times.

This weekend is Cycle Oregon Weekend so no running to be done...although I could pack my running gear and run early on the campus...now there is a good idea!

I'm PSYCHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment