About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Friday, November 2, 2012

9 Training Runs


Tomorrow will be the first of 9 training runs that I have on my schedule before Tom and I do the Hot Buttered Run here in Vancouver. Piece of cake right? Well, sure...but we are doing the 12k distance and that equals to just under 7.5 miles. NONE of the runs on the schedule go longer than 5 miles - Huh?

Well, Tom is convinced that I can do this...I'll just look at it as another training run, but with LOTS of other people running around us, well for a while anyway.

The other day Tom and I went out and ran 3 miles in the early hours of day. It was dark and a little wet and I'm REALLY glad that we have those nifty headlamps. They work well enough to illuminate our route so we aren't tripping up over something - although I did stumble a couple of times on a couple of apples or walnuts on Monday. Later after I had gone off to work, Tom decided that he wanted to run a little more - go for it right? He called me from the Felida end of the Salmon Creek trail to let me know what he was planning. When he was done he called me to tell me just how far he had gone - which I had to map out. He is a crazy man! He ended up running a total of 9.5 miles add that to the 3 miles that we did together...can anyone say ROCK star?So cool! Seems to me that he just might be 99% back to normal, or it could be his brand new shoes.

Last year I did my first 10k slightly unprepared - could this 12k turn out to be the same kind of experience? At least I'll be able to say that I have a new 12k PR :)

run, Run, RUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment