About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hot Buttered Run


This past Sunday was Hot Buttered Run day! Our first 12k and a "PR" to work with for next year.

A 12k is just about seven and a half miles and I was a little nervous about this day because I have never done a run over 6.2 miles maybe 7 miles. Once I decided that it's only another mile and a half, I felt better.

It was a nice challenge and I felt sooo much better than when we ran Run Like Hell a month ago. RLH was wet and cold - a not so good combination - there was some wind in the mix too, but I actually ran my goal time, so it was all good. Once I got an idea of where things were going (as far as the route) I was feeling more confident that I might hit my goal time for this run.

A few of the spots that were on the route were the fort...the old apple tree, along the Columbia River and through downtown and back through the park at the Fort Vancouver National Historic site.

When we started I knew that I had started too fast, but that's what happens when you get caught up with the people around you. I tried to slow it down a little and settle into a nice pace so to  have a good strong finish and not stop so many times to walk - we ended up stopping at both water stops and several other spots along the way. Once we reached the park I was determined to continue running because I knew that we were not far from the finish and part of the last half mile was downhill...I do like me a downhill run :)

In the end my unofficial time was 1:35:37, but if you look on the results website it will have 5 minutes more. We ended up having to stop at a railroad crossing :( I missed my goal time by a minute and a half, but it's all good. I was just that close! I'm psyched!!

All in all, I'm enjoying running more all the time and am looking forward to going into maintenance mode until it is time to start ramping up again for the 2013 Shamrock Run.

The START
run, Run, RUN!
Hello?
Tom's Run Bib
Barefoot running?
Aaah...there's Tom...

No comments:

Post a Comment