About Me

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Nancy. I decided to retire early and my last day at the Fire District was December 31, 2020. My dream to do this pigs 'n poultry thing full time started on January 1, 2021. So far so good...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bad Runs Happen...

but in my world not that often. Yesterday was completely demoralizing. It was raining off and on and there were slimy, slippery leaves all around and a different route to run.We hadn't been running more than 30 seconds and I knew...it was going to be rough going.

So many things were off yesterday that I don't even know where to begin...let's give a go shall we?

1. Tom wanted coffee first thing...it was a holiday and running in daylight is a TREAT!
2. I skipped the Gatorade Prime - 3 miles is a piece of cake right?
3. There was NO chocolate milk in the house...
4. I wore my pants instead of capris
5. A short sleeve tech tee under my fleece - whew...a little warm!
6. The route we did is usually a route that is the last half of my 4 mile run which has a slight downhill to it. Going in the opposite direction is very noticeable.
7. Rain - we haven't really had a rainy run yet...some wet ones, but none where it was actually raining. Booo.

At the turn around Tom went ahead of me and I quickly realized that I would not be able to keep up a swift enough pace to keep him in my sights. So I just quit trying and just plugged along. Then I got tired of doing that and I started walking.Seriously, I never feel like just walking...when I finally did start up my running again it was time to go down and then up the dip over the creek...booo.

I decided that about a 1/2 mile left I think I can at least kind of do something like running all the way home. That was some slow running and it felt like the second run of a Duathlon. You know - after having a decent first run and then going all out on the bike...yup...the second run just plain ol' sucked!

Yeah, I'm a whiner, but I got out and did it. It hurt, but I made it.

Tomorrow is a 4 mile tempo run. OYE...it better not rain and I better get my capris out...no hat and definitely going to wear the magic running skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment